It is a well-known fact that belly fat is the most problematic body part for losing weight. We all want to have tight stomach muscles but we also hate doing difficult abs. But do not worry, there is an easy solution. The fitness experts claim that they can solve the problem with this exercise which can replace 1000 traditional abs.
his exercise is known as “the plank”. During this exercise all the body weight makes pressure on the hands and toes while the rest of the body is flat as a plank. You shouldn’t move your body at all. This exercise will surely make your abdomen flat and tight. It also helps against back pain because the stomach muscles are affecting the body posture as well.
To do this exercise properly you must be sure that your body is placed in right initial position. The instructions below will help you:
- After you put your hands firmly on the floor, you must keep your shoulders straight as well as your neck.
- Although the main focus is on your stomach muscles, you should feel “a fire” in your legs. In order to feel this you should place your heels so the pressure will go on the toes and then you will feel tenseness in your thigh muscles. After that, contract your butt muscles so the muscles in lower body part are activated.
- Try to keep your butt in a straight position and not raising it up in the air. So keep your whole body flat not in a shape of a triangle.
- Breathing is also very important. Breathe evenly as it will help you stay longer in this position.
- To hold the body in this position as it is very important, you need to imagine that you have a glass of water on your back and you try to keep the glass balanced so the water won’t spill out.
- Now you are ready to start doing this exercise.
- Place your knees and hands on the floor and make sure that your back is flat and the shoulders are slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your neck and spine straight by looking at a spot on the floor about a foot beyond the hands. Keep the head in line with your back.
- Place your right leg on the floor making pressure on your toes, and then repeat with your left leg. The position is right if you feel that your entire body weight relies on your hands and your toes.
- Contract your stomach muscles and stay in that position for twenty to sixty seconds.
- Then put the knees down and relax.
- You should repeat this exercise three times in a row. After a while you can extend the time up to 60 seconds.